Monday, February 7, 2011

Quiet times on KDP

So apparently that has been no glitch; they are just not that into me at Amazon this month.  Oh well, Barnes and Noble has been picking up the slack, and I've already sold more than half the number I did all last month, including 9 sales in just the last two days.  I can't complain!

Bakari Akil had posted a while back about self-publishing being a source of passive income, which had also been on my mind recently.  Several years ago I used to read a lot of personal finance blogs and "passive income"--income coming in without requiring any real work on your part--was a popular topic.  If I recall correctly, one blogger was a big proponent of owning gumball machines, like you see in malls and supermarkets.  While it could be a while before my sales are enough to make me consider quitting my job--and by "a while" I mean a good long while--self-publishing could eventually be my source of passive income.  Given that my job requires us to move every couple of years, it's hard to think of another way to do it.  Sure beats refilling gumball machines, that's for sure.

Of course, the "without requiring any real work" part doesn't address the part where, you know, you write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment